American Panel AP12BCF110-3 HURRiCHiLL 12 Tray Blast Chiller / Shock Freezer
Why Blast Chill?
Bacteria are the main cause of spoilage in food products. They find their way in and proliferate, causing food to deteriorate-starting with the appearance, then the texture and finally the aroma and flavor. These micro-organisms work especially fast between 140˚F and 40˚F, however lower temperatures have a hibernating effect that increases as the temperature drops, gradually reducing bacterial activity until it stops altogether.
To limit the danger of bacterial contamination in food,it is extremely important to lower its temperature rapidly, thereby reducing the time spent in the danger zone (140˚F to 40˚F).
The blast chiller allows the product core temperature to be reduced from 160˚F to 38˚F in 90 minutes, so that the food can be kept longer with its original texture, flavor and aesthetic qualities. After blast chilling, the food can be preserved at a temperature of 38˚F for up to 5 days, after which it is reconstituted to serving temperature. The appearance, texture, aroma and flavor are all unspoiled.
Why Shock Freeze?
Freezing temperatures (0°F) enable the storage time of food products to be extended. However, it is necessary to ensure that the freezing process does not damage the food quality. Slow freezing leads to the formation of macro-crystals of ice, which cut into the food tissues, making the food change consistency and lose nutritional characteristics upon thawing.
Shock freezing is the only system that allows food products to be preserved for weeks or even months, keeping the initial quality almost intact.
The fast penetration of cold transforms the liquids in the food into micro-crystals, which do not damage the tissues of the food, so that upon thawing, the product will not have weight and color loss while the texture and flavor remain unchanged.
By using a HURRiCHiLL shock freezer, it is possible to bring the food temperature from 160°F to 0°F within 4 hours.
American Panel AP12BCF110-3 Features
- 29.5" Wide
- Blast Chill 110 LB down from 160 degrees Fahrenheit to 38 Degrees F in 90 minutes
- Freeze 90 LB down from 160 degrees Fahrenheit to 0 degrees F in 240 minutes
- Holding mode: 38 degrees Fahrenheit
- Self-contained Refrigeration System
- Bottom Mounted Cooling System
- 3.0 HP Compressor
- 1 Swinging Door - Left-Hinged
- Removable Magnetic Seal Door Gasket
- 12 Built In Tray Slides
- Capacity: 12 Full Size (12"x20") Sheet Pans
- Polished Type 304 Stainless Steel exterior
- Mirror Finish, Stainless Steel interior
- Bottom Interior Corners are Fully Rounded
- 2" Thick CFC-Free, High density, polyurethane insulation
- Refrigerant: R-404a
- Electrical specifications: 208 Volts, 60 Hz, 3-phase and 10.0 Amps for 3.0 HP
- 6 ft power supply cord with NEMA-L6-20P plug
- Automatic Defrosting System
- 7" LCD Touch Screen - Digital Control Panel
- Quick Start feature
- Includes 1 Heated Food Probe
- 6" Stainless Steel Legs
American Panel AP12BCF110-3 Benefits
- Uses environmentally safe CFC-free R-404a Refrigerant
- UL Classified EPH
- cUL Listed
- ANSI/NSF Listed
|Ship Weight||770 LB|
|Manufacturer Part #||AP12BCF110-3|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||74.0" x 32.5" x 36.13"|
|Number of Doors||1|
|Pan Capacity||12 Full Size Trays"|
|Base Material||Stainless Steel|
|Door Type||Left Hinge|