Please note that sales tax refunds can only be processed within a 30-day window for more information visit our Terms and Conditions of Use.
State and Local Sales Taxes
- RestaurantSupply.com is obligated to charge sales tax in locations where we operate, following state and local regulations. The sales taxes collected are directly passed on to the respective taxing authority and do not serve as revenue for RestaurantSupply.com. Typically, the delivery destination dictates if a sales tax applies to your purchase.
- The tax amounts shown during online order confirmations are approximate. Due to our distribution across various U.S. locations, the actual sales tax will be based on state and local sales taxes applicable when your order gets dispatched.
- As online transaction taxation is in constant flux, our policies might evolve. RestaurantSupply.com ensures adherence to present state and local tax laws and will keep updating its tax policies accordingly.
Regions Where RestaurantSupply.com Collects Sales Tax
- If orders are shipped to any of the following states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, ND, NE, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, or WY, or the District of Columbia (DC), applicable state and local sales taxes will be added to your total order and related shipping and handling charges where relevant.
Regions Where RestaurantSupply.com Doesn't Collect Sales Taxes
- There are certain states where RestaurantSupply.com doesn't levy sales or usage taxes. If you reside in these states, you might still be obligated to pay a use tax on purchases unless they're exempted by law. Making purchases online or through remote channels doesn't inherently make them exempt. Some states expect residents to file a sales or use tax return annually, detailing taxable purchases that weren't taxed, and remitting due taxes on those.
- For states where RestaurantSupply.com doesn’t collect sales tax, you might have tax obligations. To understand how to report these taxes, you can refer to your respective state’s taxing authority's website.
- Please note: We exempt Gift Cards from sales tax. However, items bought using Gift Cards may incur taxes if delivered to the aforementioned states or regions.
For further details or clarifications about our sales tax policy, please reach out to our Customer Service Team.