American Panel AP20BCF-2T 51" Wide Modular Roll-In Blast Chiller and Shock Freezer - For 2 Mobile Pan Racks
Why Blast Chill?
Bacteria are the main cause of spoilage in food products. They find their way in and proliferate, causing food quality and safety to deteriorate, starting with the appearance, then the texture and finally the aroma and flavor. These micro-organisms work especially fast between 140˚F and 40˚F. Temperatures lower than 40˚F, however, have a hibernating effect on bacteria which increases as the temperature drops, gradually reducing bacterial activity, until it stops altogether.
To limit the danger of bacterial contamination in food, it is extremely important to lower its temperature rapidly, thereby reducing the time spent in the danger zone (140˚F to 40˚F).
A blast chiller such as the AP20BCF-1T allows the food product’s core temperature to be reduced from 160˚F to 38˚F in 90 minutes, so that the food can be kept longer with its original texture, flavor and aesthetic qualities. After blast chilling, the food can be stored at a temperature of 38˚F for up to 5 days, after which it is reconstituted to serving temperature. The appearance, texture, aroma and flavor are all preserved.
Why Shock Freeze?
Freezing temperatures (0°F) enable the storage time of food products to be extended. However, it is necessary to ensure that the freezing process itself does not damage the food quality. Slow freezing leads to the formation of macro-crystals of ice, which cut into the food tissues, making the food change consistency and lose nutritional characteristics upon thawing.
Shock freezing is a rapid lowering of temperature. Shock freezing is the only system that allows food products to be preserved for weeks or even months, keeping the initial quality almost intact.
The fast penetration of cold transforms the liquids in the food into micro-crystals, which do not damage the tissues of the food, so that upon thawing, the product will not have lost weight or color, while the texture and flavor remain unchanged.
By using a shock freezer, it is possible to bring the food temperature from 160°F to 0°F within 4 hours.
American Panel AP20BCF-2T Features
- 51" Wide
- Blast Chill mode: Air temp lowered from 160°F to 38°F in 90 minutes
- Shock Freezing mode: Air temp lowered and held at -25°F, completes when core temp reaches 0°F
- Holding mode: 38°F
- Self Contained Refrigeration System
- 1 Swinging Door - Left-Hinged
- Removable Magnetic Seal Door Gasket
- Designed to Accept 2 Mobile Pan Racks (SOLD SEPARATELY)
- Capacity: 2 Mobile Racks (26"W x 32"D x 73.5"H)
- Polished Type 304 Stainless Steel exterior
- Mirror Finish, Stainless Steel interior
- 3" Thick CFC-Free, High density, polyurethane insulation
- Refrigerant: R-404a
- Electrical specifications: 208 Volts, 60 Hz, 1-phase and 15.5 Amps
- Field Wired
- 7" LCD Touch Screen - Digital Control Panel
- 1 Core Temperature Probe Included for accurate temperature control
- Requires Assembly - Camlock style for easy access through door openings
American Panel AP20BCF-2T Benefits
- Uses environmentally safe CFC-free R-404a Refrigerant
- UL Classified EPH
- cUL Listed
|Ship Weight||2180.0 LB|
|Manufacturer Part #||AP20BCF-2T|
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||89" x 51" x 82"|
|Number of Doors||1|
|Style||Roll-in - Mobile Pan Cart|
|Pan / Cart Capacity||2 Mobile Carts|
|Base Material||Stainless Steel|
|Door Type||Left Hinge|